What are the key priorities for a MarTech stack optimisation strategy to achieve? – Drive pipeline growth or acceleration.
What would your company use AI the most for? – Build AI Bots to drive customer engagement.
What are the major roadblocks in trialling the new innovations in marketing technologies? – Lack of use cases.
How important is data in making marketing decisions and engaging customers? – Important – I rely on data 60-80% of the time.
What is the one marketing platform / app / solution you can’t live without? Why?
– Canva. The templates, direct support for social media content and integration with third party apps, makes it really easy to create content quickly.
How do you see the skillsets needed for the marketing profession changing? – The need to understand and anticipate future customers is bound to become even more essential than in the past, because the end users of almost every company’s products are shifting in makeup, location, and number at an ever-increasing rate. Marketers must not assume that yesterday’s customers will be available tomorrow.
At your organisation what tasks in marketing are good to automate and what tasks still need a human touch?
– Parts of the customer journey is automated e.g welcome emails, reminders, anniversary promos, surveys, feedbacks, retargeting, reviews, win back programs, gated content etc
– Onboarding, success management, brand positioning and relatable content still require a human touch.
What will be the next evolution of mobile marketing that we can expect in the coming years?
1. Mobile ads reflecting gamification. Gaming culture.
2. Mobile marketing becoming more interactive to increase conversions.
3. Audio ads on mobile.
What is the best use of technology you have seen during this time of crisis? – The rise of ecommerce platforms and new ecommerce models.
At your organisation how has your approach to marketing changed due to new MarTech tools and solutions? – Has become more targeted and automated.
Currently, what are you primarily looking for in your digital marketing efforts? Awareness or engagement? Why?
– We are focused on monetisation and conversions.
When planning a marketing budget, what are the top 3 concerns one should watch out for post COVID-19?
1) Being too #metoo.
2) Online fatigue.
3) Harder to identify the next trends.
What challenges do you see in processing data coming from different sources? – The major challenge in processing data coming from different sources in future is that there often will not be a linkage in the data (multiple large sets of disparate data), but rather innovative reference and inference models will be needed. Constant tuning of these models is therefore needed and we have to be careful not to introduce bias.
Which part of the customer journey is the hardest part to capture data for? – The part of the customer journey is the hardest part to capture data for is when the customer goes off your platforms to gather more information to make decisions.