What are the key priorities for a MarTech stack optimisation strategy to achieve?
– Drive pipeline growth or acceleration.
What would your company use AI the most for?
– Create scaled hyper-personalised content.
– Develop data-led marketing campaigns.
What are the major roadblocks in trialling the new innovations in marketing technologies?
– Inability to build a business case to release funding.
What are some of the significant changes to your customer outreach and retention strategies and how has it impacted the growth plan for upcoming years?
– We have more technology and tools to make cost-effective decisions and to increase top of funnel pipeline growth. Remarketing and personalisation.
At your organisation what tasks in marketing are good to automate and what tasks still need a human touch?
– Automated email sequences
Onboarding still needs a human touch.
How do you balance experimenting with new technologies vs investing in current technologies that you already utilise?
– Dedicate time and resources to experimenting rather than fitting into generalist existing marketing roles.
How do you see the skillsets needed for the marketing profession changing?
– More digital skills are needed. Increasing need for creative team members.
With more consumers being conscious of their data being shared, how do you overcome the growing concern?
– Better user profiling.
– More specific personas.
– Emphasis on building a brand as an acquisition channel.
Currently, what are you primarily looking for in your digital marketing efforts? Awareness or engagement? Why?
– Engagement. We are focused heavily on retention and acquisition.
What will be the next evolution in marketing technology that we can expect in the coming years?
– The metaverse and new channels opening up here.
What are the key challenges when it comes to implementing Chatbots for the first time?
– Bridging the gap between tech and humans seamlessly without losing potential leads.
What is the best use of technology you have seen during this time of crisis?
– Custom web pages based on data.
With the advancement of AR & VR, how do you see these being utilised in digital storytelling?
– New advertising channels.
– Getting closer to consumers.
– More immersive experiences.
Do you think people take influencer posts with a pinch of salt?
– No – e-commerce and B2B see real success.
How do you attribute sales to influencer marketing?
– Discount codes.
– Dedicated landing pages.
– Traffic surges.
What are the top 3 things in your checklist when choosing the right influencer to work with?
– Engagement metrics.
– Strength of niche.
What are the roadblocks to implementing gamification?
– Lack of Expertise.
What challenges do you see in processing data coming from different sources?
– Time to pull data is a pain.
What data enrichment strategies can you suggest that work effectively from your experience?
What are your views on having a single stack? (e.g. Google or Adobe vs a mix of best stacks for each function)
– Against, none of them are strong enough alone.
What’s the best approach/tools to understand customer pain points? Especially when the survey response rate is low.
Direct calling and outreach.
What are the best social listening tools and strategies?
– Sprout social.
How do you keep abreast of all the latest MarTech out there?