What are the key priorities for a MarTech stack optimisation strategy to achieve?
– Increase marketing ROI.
What would your company use AI the most for?
– Develop data-led marketing campaigns.
What are the major roadblocks in trialling the new innovations in marketing technologies?
– Lack of use cases.
What are some of the significant changes to your customer outreach and retention strategies and how has it impacted the growth plan for upcoming years?
– More automation, I’d personalise as well as automate many initiatives that are expected to contribute to better ROI.
At your organisation what tasks in marketing are good to automate and what tasks still need a human touch?
– Email marketing, social media response, and the actual relationship with the customer still have to be built in person: either by phone or via one to one emails.
How do you balance experimenting with new technologies vs investing in current technologies that you already utilise?
– Experimenting is done within a marketing team and not presented until there are tangible benefits to be presented.
How do you see the skillsets needed for the marketing profession changing?
– More data-related skills are needed but at the same time building relationships with partners is more important than ever.
With more consumers being conscious of their data being shared, how do you overcome the growing concern?
– By being honest and transparent.
Currently, what are you primarily looking for in your digital marketing efforts? Awareness or engagement? Why?
– Mostly engagement. To build communities and relationships.
When planning a marketing budget, what are the top 3 concerns one should watch out for post-COVID-19?
– Change in expectations of the customers, difficulty in employing new staff in marketing, cash flow issues still present despite the current spike – we have gone through 2 years of no new or recurring revenue.
What will be the next evolution in marketing technology that we can expect in the coming years?
– AI, automation.
What are the key challenges when it comes to implementing Chatbots for the first time?
– Slow learning period.
What is the best use of technology you have seen during this time of crisis?
– Online networking, expansion to channels not used for serious business before (e.g. TikTok).
How could a marketer start utilising the Metaverse?
– One step at a time.
With the advancement of AR & VR, how do you see these being utilised in digital storytelling?
– To get closer to the customer and push them further down the funnel.
What are the top 3 things on your checklist when choosing the right influencer to work with?
– Alignment with our vision
What are the roadblocks to implementing gamification?
– Dev work required.
How much of your marketing is data-driven?
What is the one marketing platform / app / solution you can’t live without? Why?
– Salesforce – the source of truth for all our data for marketing, sales and admission.
What are your views on having a single stack? (e.g. Google or Adobe vs a mix of best stacks for each function)
– It sounds amazing in practice but I haven’t yet come across a one-stop shop that would satisfy all our needs.
What’s the best approach/tools to understand customer pain points? Especially when the survey response rate is low.
– Oral feedback from sales.
How do you keep abreast of all the latest MarTech out there?
– News, podcasts, marketing friends and communities.
What do you need to have in place to create experiences that flow? What are some of the challenges your organisation has faced to get there and some best practices you have adopted?
– Processes with lots of training and educating the cross-team users.