How do you see the ecosystem changing in the next 2 years with the deprecation of the 3p cookie?
– More brands will be moving towards having their own D2C platforms and in-house capabilities to collect and commercialize 1p data, and consequently, companies/technologies will rise to meet that demand
How has a data driven approach optimized the performance of marketing professionals?
– It has limited the influence of subjective conclusions, but it has also led marketers to chase metrics in a way that might cause tunnel vision pitfalls
Do you think companies will invest in more MarTech post COVID-19?
– Yes, definitely. And going bigger on eCommerce not only for survival but to monetize investments in MarTech.
Can you tell me why you chose to go into your industry / company?
– eCommerce is fast-paced and continuously evolving, requiring different approaches based on local consumer needs. It is also borderless and helps people save time, which is available to everyone, but is limited. It also gives me exposure to many parts of the business, as challenges are multi-dimensional.
What are you most looking forward to doing once we get on the other side of this pandemic?
– Travelling, just like everyone else. Singapore is too small!